The main appeal of Iceland is the pristine and unspoiled nature. Icelandair Hotels recognize
their environmental responsibility and all entities in the Icelandair Hotel chain operate according to the international environmental management standard ISO 14001.
This dedication to environmental protection is unique in the Icelandic hotel business and our goal at Icelandair Hotels is to continually improve our environmental performance without compromising the outstanding level of service our guests have come to expect.
- Reduce waste and increase recycling
- Choose nature friendly products and services
- Emphasize using local products and Icelandic ingredients
- To follow the current environmental legislation and aim to exceed it
- Inform guests about our environmental policy and how they can participate and help
- Educate employees and service providers about environmental issues
How do we practice positive interaction with the environment?
As an example, we monitor our usage of electricity monthly, water and our waste management system. We try to save our electricity usage, hot and cold water and encourage our guests to use their bath towel more than once. We recycle all our organic waste and special waste is taken to special services. We try to use environmentally friendly cleaning materials, paper and printing offices. We limit driving and flights as possible and aim at buying local and organic products.
What is ISO 14001?
- The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) provides a standard measurement system for hotels to calculate and improve environmental performance through a systemized approach.
- ISO 14001 is designed to help businesses remain commercially successful without overlooking environmental responsibilities.
- It can also help Icelandair Hotels to grow while reducing the environmental impact of this growth.