Fabulous golf hotel in quiet surroundings
At Icelandair Hotel Hamar you can relax and rejuvenate in peace and tranquility, with every comfort available. Enjoy magnificent views of the Borgarfjordur fjord while you indulge in the personal service and delicious, locally-sourced meals. Golfers can enjoy the Hamar golf course, considered one of the best outside of Reykjavík, and just outside your room. Those who do not play golf can enjoy an exciting day of sightseeing, whale watching, snowmobiling or hiking. At the end of your perfect day, you can find yourself relaxing in the hot tubs in the hotel garden, under the midnight sun or the glow of the Aurora Borealis, or northern lights.
Peace and quiet near Reykjavik
Icelandair Hotel Hamar is located on the Ring Road just 4 km north of Borgarnes, a town which is less than an hour‘s drive away from Reykjavik.
Icelandair Hotel Hamar allows you to enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside while still being a comfortable distance from shops and other facilities which you can find in the town of Borgarnes. Here you can find hiking trails and exercise options in the neighborhood; Your Workout To Go. Enjoy!
Icelandair Hotel Hamar is the perfect starting point for trips around the west of Iceland. The area around the hotel itself offers breathtaking scenery, while you‘re only a short drive away from dramatic coastlines and glaciers.
A hole in one at Hamar
The Hamar golf course, Hamarvöllur, is a fun and relatively easy 18-hole golf course.
The course is located on the site of an old farm, which now serves as its clubhouse and as a guest house called Hvíti Bærinn, the White Farm. Icelandair Hotel Hamar is located right by the green of the eighth hole.
- Check-in is at 14:00 hours and check-out time is 12:00 noon on the day of departure.
- Icelandair Hotel Hamar is located on the Hamar golf course
- At Hamar the rooms are fitted specifically with the needs of disabled people in mind.
- We offer accommodation for groups and events.
- The town of Borgarnes is only 5 minutes away from Hamar.
- The magnificent Snæfellsnes peninsula is close by.
- Get 'Your Workout To Go' here; hiking trails and exercise options in the neighborhood.