According to the influx of tourists that visit Iceland every year, one of the main appeals of the "land of fire and ice" is its pure and pristine nature. Icelandair Hotel Akureyri realizes its responsibility towards the environment and works by the international standard for environmental management, ISO 14001.
Icelandair Hotels continuously focuses on improving the environment without compromising its services and pleasing its guests.
Our environmental policies seek to:
- Counteract the negative environmental impact caused by activities conducted by the hotel – maintain resources, minimize waste and increase recycling efforts
- Choose products and services with respect to the environment
- Place emphasis on using Icelandic ingredients and resources
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to environmental issues
- Inform guests about the Hotel's environmental policies and how they can participate
- Educate staff and service companies on environmental issues and encourage better performance in this area
Magnea Þ. Hjálmarsdóttir,