Icelandair Hotels is a leading chain of quality hotels in Iceland. Whether you want to enjoy the natural beauty of ancient historical sites, take part in outdoor activities or experience the cultural life of the south, north, east or west of Iceland, we always offer first-class facilities and excellent service.
About Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina is a new and stylish hotel in the heart of Reykjavik with a unique character and never a dull moment. Sleep and wake in fun, colourful surroundings with friendly staff to serve and assist you. Original, colourful and modern designs characterise the hotel, combined with old relics from the harbour and shipyard. Rooms are uniquely decorated with original styles that catch your eye, capture your heart, and could never be mistaken for anywhere else you’ve ever stayed.
Reykjavik Marina is located by a slipway in the old downtown harbour district of Reykjavik, where it has a unique view of the ocean. The slipway is a great location for a hotel, just a stone’s throw from the capital's attractions, with one of the best views across the bay. The harbour has seen a lot of development over the past few years with a number of great restaurants and markets being established in the area recently.
Get to know Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina
We see the joy in our guests' eyes as they walk around Reykjavik Marina, admiring the run, colorful and quirky design - a design which blends modern Icelandic design with old objects salvaged from the surrounding harbour. All furniture and fittings were custom-made in Iceland and are carefully chosen to create the right atmosphere for our guests. Rooms at Reykjavik Marina are comfortable and decorated with modern design, as well as old harbour objects and Icelandic crafts.
Slippbarinn is a fun place to relax alone over a quite drink or in good company with friends, talking, laughing and dancing the night away.
Enjoy a selection of awesome homemade cocktails and delicious food, served in a lively yet cozy atmosphere.
The Hotel Manager Birgir Gudmundsson
Birgir Gudmundsson has a BA degree in Hospitality Management from Washington State University. He is experienced in the hotel business and before Reykjavik Marina he managed the development of Kvosin Downtown Hotel and managed the hotel as well.
Icelandair Hotels continuously focuses on improving the environment without compromising its services and pleasing its guests.
Different and fun
At Reykjavik Marina, we strive to be different and fun by always thinking out of the box and trying new things. For us, there is always something new and fresh that we can do and this is reflected in the design and atmosphere of the hotel.
First and foremost, we want to have fun with our guests and do this by trying new things and taking part in local, cultural events.
At Reykjavik Marina...
- Check-in is at 14:00 on the day of arrival and check-out at 12:00 noon on the day of departure. If you need early check-in, please contact us some days before.
- The arc building previously housed a paint factory, a carpentry shop and various other activities associated with the shipyard.
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina hosts a large off-venue lunch time concert during the Iceland Airwaves festival.
- At the Slipp cinema, guests can watch Icelandic movies with English subtitles.
- The Boiler Room, our gym, is located in the lobby.
- Fun and unconventional facilities for meetings, banquets and receptions.
- The shelves in the book room are made from 1600 wooden blocks recycled from the refurbishment.
- 220 messages are to be found in various places throughout the hotel, containing facts and messages to visitors.